SOCIETÀ CERAMICA ITALIANA [IT]
Exploration #246 Società Ceramica Italiana. The Società Ceramica Italiana (SCI) was founded in Laveno-Mombello in 1856 by three former employees of the Milanese ceramic factory Richard in the warehouses of the former Franzosini glassworks.
Initially, the factory produced English imitation wall tiles and fine table earthenware. Over the years, Società Ceramica Italiana evolved and started producing a wide range of ceramic products, including plates, cups, vases and other decorative objects.
In 1965, Società Ceramica Italiana merged with Richard-Ginori. The factory was assigned to Ceramiche Industriali division and maintained its original activities until 1980, when it was temporarily closed. Two years later the site was bought by a local cooperative and reactivated with the help of Laveno municipality. The factory ceased production in 1994.