Exploration #76. The works for the construction of the plant began in mid-December 1899 and ended in mid-August 1900. During the first two years of activity the negative balance sheets followed one another and this forced the promoters to deliberate the liquidation of the Company, which was voted unanimously in the year 1902. The plant was reactivated in 1922. During the seventies, with an investment of about three billion lire, a restructuring process was started which increased considerably the potential of the plant. In the 80s the fate of the sugar factory was that of the other smaller and technologically obsolete historical sugar factories, sentenced to final closure by the sectoral recovery plan which, aimed at greater production concentration, did not consider it appropriate to modernize them. The plant closed in the year 1987.