Exploration #7. This château dates from the nineteenth century, but it is based on older foundation that are dated 1740. Its oldest wing was built by the Lamarche-Francotte family in 1820, whereas later the castle was property of Count Alphonse de Meeus and Baroness Louise d’Overschie de Neeryssche. During the war a German army unit had used the chateau as their billet when the German forces swept through Belgium in 1940. In 1944 the American ‘300th Combat Engineers’ did the same. It has been abandoned for 20 years, the roof and the first floor collapsed. The whole building is just falling apart. During its abandonment the château becomes a very famous spot for urbex photographers.