LANDESANSTALT TEUPITZ [DE]


Exploration #198 (testo italiano a fondo pagina). In the years between 1905 and 1908, this psychiatric hospital was built as a self-sufficient institution from 28 individual buildings with clear Art Nouveau influences. During the First World War, it was used for the first time as a military hospital, then again as a so-called state insane asylum; at the beginning of the 1930s, 1,660 patients lived here. At the beginning of the 1940s, the clinic was subordinate to the Bernburg killing centre, where, according to the National Socialist eugenic-racial ideas, mentally and physically handicapped persons, mentally ill persons and persons classified as antisocial were exterminated within the framework of the euthanasia action “T4”, of whom more than 1,500 came from Teupitz. Some buildings were reopened after the war as a psychiatric institution, but the majority were converted into a Soviet military hospital, which explains the Cyrillic lettering throughout. Since the withdrawal of the Russian forces after reunification and the rebuilding of the psychiatric hospital in 1997, the houses have been empty, the grounds are hardly affected by vandalism due to their remoteness, most of the damage is due to natural decay, and the former park has now turned into a dense forest area where roe deer and wild boar roam. From autumn 2021 the area is totally fenced off with a 2.5m high fence and monitored by cameras.

Esplorazione #198. Negli anni tra il 1905 e il 1908, questo ospedale psichiatrico fu costruito come istituzione autosufficiente da 28 edifici singoli con chiare influenze Art Nouveau. Durante la Prima Guerra Mondiale fu utilizzato per la prima volta come ospedale militare, poi di nuovo come cosiddetto manicomio statale; all’inizio degli anni Trenta vi risiedevano 1.660 pazienti. All’inizio degli anni ’40, la clinica era subordinata al centro di sterminio di Bernburg, dove, secondo le idee eugenetico-razziali nazionalsocialiste, venivano sterminati, nell’ambito dell’azione eutanasica “T4”, disabili mentali e fisici, malati di mente e persone classificate come antisociali, di cui più di 1.500 provenienti da Teupitz. Alcuni edifici sono stati riaperti dopo la guerra come istituto psichiatrico, ma la maggior parte è stata convertita in un ospedale militare sovietico, il che spiega le scritte in cirillico. Dal ritiro delle forze russe dopo la riunificazione e dalla ricostruzione dell’ospedale psichiatrico nel 1997, le case sono rimaste vuote, i terreni sono difficilmente oggetto di atti di vandalismo a causa della loro lontananza, la maggior parte dei danni è dovuta al degrado naturale, e l’ex parco si è trasformato in una fitta area forestale dove vagano caprioli e cinghiali. Dall’autunno del 2021 l’area è totalmente recintata con sbarramento di altezza 2.5m e sorvegliata da telecamere.